Monday, June 3, 2013

Lilliana Fairy Challenge
 
 
I had such a fun time thinking out of the "Box" or in this case on the Box!!!  LOL!!  Anyway, here is my entry into the Simply Betty Stamps Lilliana Fairy Challenge.  We were given this image by a wonderful friend of mine, Betty, who is the owner/ operator of SBS.  We were challenged to use the colors Orange, Black, Yellow and White.  I've incorporated these colors into my image as well as the overall project.   This is just the lid of the jewelry box I am making for one of my granddaughters.  The rest will be revealed as time goes on and I've totally finished the sides of the box.  I used a white shimmer sheet behind my image to give her depth and texture and embossed it with a cuttlebug folder.  I colored my image in with my Spectrum Noir markers and I merged my Lilliana image with a MIC image, Cobblestone Path.  I decided that Lilliana was on her rock in shallow water, that is why I chose to color around the stones in blues.  I am very happy with the way this turned out.  I used leaf ribbons in the colors required for the challenge as well and used some Prima Flowers and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I added some cuts from my Cricut and a wooden butterfly as well as a white wire butterfly on my larger flowers.  I sprayed the smaller orange roses with Goosebumps to give them a little bit of a water shimmer.  I hope you all like it and will leave me some comments.
 


2 comments: